[Cbc] muti-thread compile for cbc-2.7.8

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Fri Nov 30 04:40:31 EST 2012

Noli,

> So there is no proximity search algorithm in 2.7.8, why is it that it
> does not issued an error when I use the proximity switch (i.e.
> -proximity on) in 2.7.8?

This is a temporary quirk due to the complicated links in Cbc.  Both Cbc
trunk and stable/2.7 use Clp/stable.  All parameters - both Cbc and Clp
are set via a function in Clp.  So to get proximity search working in
Cbc/trunk I had to add proximity switch to Clp/stable/ - so switch is
accepted but the results are not interrogated by Cbc/stable.  2.8 will
sort that out.

I could/should add some version testing in this function
CbcOrClpParam.cpp?????

> Anybody manage to compile CBC trunk that does not segment fault when
> using proximity search?

I could make it segfault when going parallel.  I have put in a quick fix
but will be looking at the way root heuristics are done when in parallel
mode.  The problem was that somehow the heuristic thought a solution had
been found BUT solution array had not been stored.

John