[Cbc] Building Cbc under Cygwin

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Fri Mar 2 17:19:15 EST 2012

I could swear that I have seen the answer to this question in the FAQ, or
somewhere on the COIN website, but now I cannot lay my hands on it.  So,
apologies in advance for asking something that has probably been asked and
answered a hundred times.

I have a Cbc-based application working fine on Linux, and I would like to
port it to Windows.  I set up Cygwin and started the standard "building
from Subversion" sequence, documented on the project front page on the Cbc
wiki.  Everything went swimmingly up until "make test", which failed.
Well, yeah, obviously the procedure on Windows under Cygwin must be
different from the procedure on a native Unix, but I couldn't find any
discussion of the differences.  What should I be doing?