[Cbc] API crashes while standalone does not (follow up)

Alexis Guigue aguigue at softree.com
Fri Aug 17 19:32:07 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Just ''for fun''. I tried the following thing.

In my program, instead of

osiClpSolver.writeLp("test","lp",0.00001,10,8,0.0,true);
     try {
         callCbc("-solve -quit", cbcSolver);
         std::cout << "SUCCESSSSSSSSSS....\n";
     }
     catch (CoinError e) {
         e.print();
         std::cout << "Crashing....\n";
         if (e.lineNumber() >= 0) std::cout<<"This was from a
CoinAssert"<<std::endl;
         exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
     }

I just reloaded the file that I just wrote and executed it.

osiClpSolver.writeLp("test","lp",0.00001,10,8,0.0,true);
OsiClpSolverInterface solver1;
  solver1.readLp("test.lp");
  callCbc("-solve -quit", solver1);

First case crashes, second case crashes.

It happens that I have a lot of variables (for some reasons) that are
just there and not involved neither in the objective
nor the constraints (=could be removed). Would it possible that by
reloading the file, this is taken care of? As a result, ''problem size''
is smaller
and my RAM (as suggested by one of the member of this forum) can handle
it? Or is it something else I am not doing
prior to the call of callCbc (first case)?

Cheers

Alexis

--
Software Engineer/Research Engineer