[Cbc] API crashes while standalone does not

Alexis Guigue aguigue at softree.com
Fri Aug 17 17:06:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks to your help, I have been able to call directly cbc from within
my program. I have obtained for a preliminary set
of problems the same optimal values and more and less the same execution
time. I move recently to bigger size problems
and I am having a strange problem.

When I run my code, it crashes. When I run CBC standalone on the lp file
generated by my code, it does not
crash and goes to optimality.

Some relevant info.

- The binary I am using is
http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/Cbc/Cbc-2.7.1-win32-msvc9.zip.
- I am using the version Cbc-2.7.2 for the API.

And here is the key part of my code (I can provide a bigger sample if
needed)

     CbcModel cbcSolver(osiClpSolver);

     // Write to file
    osiClpSolver.writeLp("test","lp",0.00001,10,8,0.0,true);

     // 09/08/2012 - Call standalone CBC instead of
cbcSolver.branchAndBound();
     try {
         callCbc("-solve -quit", cbcSolver);
     }
     catch (CoinError e) {
         e.print();
         std::cout << "Crashing....\n";
         if (e.lineNumber() >= 0) std::cout<<"This was from a
CoinAssert"<<std::endl;
         exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
     }

Any suggestions?