[Cbc] Questions about originalColumns method of CbcModel

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Tue Oct 18 11:43:26 EDT 2011

Noam,

I presume you are passing a command line into solver.  If it has

-preprocess strategy

then at present originalColumns_ is not set.  It probably should be e.g
after line 630 of CbcStrategy.cpp -
model.setOriginalColumns(process.originalColumns(),numberColumns);

With normal preprocessing then setOriginalColumns should be called at
3871 or 3875 (2.7/trunk) - check that code gets there.

Also make sure that your code is pointing to processed CbcModel not
original one.

John Forrest