[Cbc] Compiling CLP/CBC with UFL AMD support

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Feb 14 13:31:34 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Lou Hafer <lou at cs.sfu.ca> wrote:

>> Is there anyway of obtaining the version number of CLP/CBC when using
>> the library in your own code? I can't see anything in the documentation,
>> but it might be I didn't know where to look.
>
>        For any given project xxx, the file config_xxx.h will define two
> symbols, XXX_SVN_REV and XXX_VERSION. For example, for Cgl release 0.56.2,
>
>  CGL_SVN_REV   the svn revision number, as a number, e.g., 966
>  CGL_VERSION   the project version, as a string, e.g., "0.56.2"

There is a good chance that config_xxx.h will no longer be an
installed header file at some point, as it's really only intended for
internal use when compiling the source code of the project itself. At
the moment, the string XXX_VERSION is also defined in the header file
ConfigXxx.h, which is the intended place for #defines that users might
want access to. It's going to take some work to get XXX_SVN_REV into
that file, too, since the SVN revision is only known at configure time
(also, you will need to have the command "svnversion" in your path to
set this variable), but it will happen at some point. We could
accelerate that if there is a need. In the long-term, we plan to offer
standard methods in all projects that will return the version strings
of each project and its dependencies.

Cheers,

Ted
--