[Cbc] [Clp] GNUMath Prog

Haroldo Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 06:59:15 EST 2011

Hi Michal,

Could you try something like :
cbc posmDTF.mat%comp-2007-2-17.dat solve solu.txt

Will save solution in solu.txt

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Michal Kaut <mail at michalkaut.net> wrote:

> Just a question about the level of GMPL support: last time I tried, only
> Symphony parsed also the reporting parts of the .mod files (printing of
> the results etc) - Cbc simply ignored them.
> Has it improved now? And if not, are there any plans to do it? (Solving
> a problem does not really help, if one cannot print the results
> afterwards..)
>
> Regards,
> Michal
>

> On 07/02/11 19:06, Ted Ralphs wrote:
> > This is not really the right mailing list for question about CBC, so
> > I'm cc'ing the Cbc list. All of the COIN-OR projects can read GMPL in
> > principle if the code is built with GLPK present. The ability to read
> > GMPL files is provided in the CoinUtils project through a link to
> > GLPK. With Cbc, if you specify the model and data files with a "%" in
> > between as your input file name, it will read them as GMPL, i.e.,
> >
> > cbc sample.mod%sample.dat
> >
> > To build cbc with GMPL support using the autotools, you would go into
> > the ThirdParty/Glpk directory and run the command
> >
> > ./get.Glpk
> >
> > This will download the source for the proper version of Glpk. Then
> > just configure and build as usual. The Glpk source will be
> > auto-detected, built, and linked. We cannot distribute binaries that
> > include this capability because of restrictions imposed by the GPL.
> > Feel free to post further questions to either the Cbc list or the
> > CoinUtils list, as appropriate.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ted

> >> You can use glpk to convert a model from GNU Math Prog format to MPS
> format
> >> and then use the MPS file as input into the COIN-OR tools.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Brian Borchers                          borchers at nmt.edu
> >> Department of Mathematics      http://www.nmt.edu/~borchers/
> >> New Mexico Tech                       Phone: (575) 322-2592
> >> Socorro, NM 87801                   FAX: (575) 835-5366

Haroldo Gambini Santos
Computing Department - Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto - UFOP
email: haroldo [at ] iceb.ufop.br
home/research page: http://www.iceb.ufop.br/decom/prof/haroldo/

"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." Edsger Dijkstra