[Cbc] Stepping down as Project Manager for Cbc and Clp

Haroldo Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 10:20:12 EST 2010

Dear John,

Thanks for making Coin-CBC The Best open source Mixed Integer Programming
Solver and good luck in your new projects !!!

Haroldo

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:54 AM, John J Forrest <jjforre at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Apologies for multiple posts.
>
> After many happy and stimulating years at IBM's T. J. Watson Research
> Center, I will be retiring this month.
>
> I had the honor, as Benevolent Dictator, to announce the start of COIN-OR
> at the International Symposium of Mathematical Programming held at Atlanta
> in 2000. Slowly I became more involved in contributing code to the Coin
> projects and have been the main author and Project Manager for Cbc and Clp.
>
> I will be stepping down from being Project Manager for these projects as
> from the end of this week. The new teams will put more details on the Cbc
> and Clp mailing lists.
>
> For Cbc Ted Ralphs of Lehigh University will be the new Project Manager
> helped by Bjarni Kristjansson of Maximal Software.
>
> For Clp Julian Hall of the University of Edinburgh will be the new Project
> Manager helped by Lou Hafer of Simon Fraser University and Matt Saltzman of
> Clemson University.
>
> I am sure that you will help them maintain and develop the two projects
> successfully.
>
> I am uncertain to what extent I will stay involved with Coin as I have a
> range of plans to keep myself occupied in retirement. I have got as far as
> creating a web site www.fastercoin.com with the idea of helping businesses
> make better use of the Coin projects on which I have worked.
> >From February 11 my new e-mail address will be
> john.forrest at fastercoin.com. At that time I may even put some real content
> on my website.
>
> Thank you to all the people who have .used Cbc and Clp and who have helped
> to find and fix bugs. Thanks also to all the past and present members of the
> Strategic Leadership Board and Technical Leadership Council.
>

> John Forrest

Haroldo Gambini Santos
Computing Department - Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto - UFOP
email: haroldo.santos at gmail.com
home/research page:  http://www.decom.ufop.br/prof/haroldo/

“BE the change you want to see in the world” -Mahatma Gandhi