[Cbc] Calling Cbc Heuristics to solve IP

Gupta, Anil Kumar anilkumar.gupta at genpact.com
Thu Aug 5 10:35:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am using FlopCpp::MP_model::minimize method to solve Facility Location Problem. This method use CbcModel::branchAndBound() to solve the Integer Program.

It seems run time exceeds more than 24 hours for a problem size of 10,000 variable and 1,500 constraints approximately.

I want to use heuristics available in Cbc to solve this problem by reading mps file.

Could you please help me how to use heuristics (CbcRounding, CbcHeuristicGreedyCover or CbcHeuristicFPump) in Cbc to solve the Integer Programming ?

It would be of great help if you could direct me to some related examples.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Anil Kumar Gupta,
 GenpactAnalytics,
Hyderabad, India

Email: anilkumar.gupta at genpact.com<mailto:anilkumar.gupta at genpact.com>

This e-mail (and any attachments), is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only
by intended recipients. Unauthorized access to this e-mail (or attachments) and disclosure or copying of its
contents or any action taken in reliance on it is unlawful. Unintended recipients must notify the sender immediately
by e-mail/phone & delete it from their system without making any copies or disclosing it to a third person.