[Cbc] some questions about cbc

huan he minbenh at gmail.com
Thu May 14 03:04:26 EDT 2009

I'm a cbc beginner.I use cbc to solve the .lp file. The command is
"cbcSolve.exe problem.lp -sec 200 -ratio 0.05 -solve -solu out.txt" .I met
two problems.
First, I found that if I set the time big enough ( for example 1500),it can
get the optimization. But if I set a short time, the solver runs for a long
time which exceeds the time I set. It seemede that the time parameter I set
didn't work.
Second, if I set a short time, sometimes it will run for some time and
stopped. But the values in the out.txt file were wrong (the binary
variable's value has decimal fraction), obviously it didn't get the feasible
answer.But the first line of the out.txt said "Optimal - objective value
8437.9558", I can't get it.