[Cbc] Future changes in Clp and Cbc leadership

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 18 05:08:50 EDT 2009

At present, I am project manager of Clp and Cbc and also have
responsibility for parts of Cgl and CoinUtils.  I intend to step down as
project manager sometime in the next year, and would like to give advance
notice of my intentions.  I hope that these projects will continue to be
used and I think that two areas need addressing to make this possible.

Firstly I would welcome volunteers to take over management of these
projects.  There are some areas such as Cbc's heuristics or CoinUtil's
factorization which are fairly self contained and would not need a very
great effort to understand and maintain, while some areas such as Clp are
more complex.  I would of course work with anyone to make this as easy as
possible.

Secondly I need advice on how to share my knowledge of these projects.
Obviously cleaning up code and adding more comments would help, but I think
that more is needed.  This would probably be part of the Cbc or Clp wiki.
So if anyone has suggestions as to topics I would like to hear from them.

John Forrest