[Cbc] Parallel Cbc: adding threads fails to improve performance

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 6 07:07:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

a year ago, in the old times of Cbc 2.1, it seemed to decrease wall
clock time when using two instead of one thread.
For example, with misc07 I observed a decrease from 89.65 to 63.14 seconds.
See also http://www.coin-or.org/GAMSlinks/benchmarks/MIP/cbc_080719
for the complete benchmark.
I haven't tried such a comparision with a recent Cbc yet.

Stefan