[Cbc] [Branch and Bound] How to choose a variable to branch?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 22 18:00:01 EDT 2009

You can give variables priorities (one being highest).  For variables at
same priority the code may use strong branching (doing a few iterations of
dual up and down on promising variables).

Creating your own branching method is quite advanced, but if you want to
try then look at the CbcBranch*.?pp files to see what has to be done.  For
example you could create a modification of CbcSimpleInteger (to be found in
CbcBranchActual.?pp).

John Forrest