[Cbc] [Branch and Bound] How to choose a variable to branch?

danh hua danhhua176 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:45:01 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have an BIP problem and I want to solve it using CBC. I try to improve the
method due to the structure of my problem. Consequently, I need some
informations about Branch and Bound method which was implemented in CBC.

In the Branch and Bound, as branch step, it will choose an "integer"
variable with a non-integral value to divide into two branches. In CBC, this
choice is random one or  in specific priority. And is it possible to
choose the variable to branch by myself? If it is, which class I must
modify? I looked up in CBC User Guide but find no helpful information.

* sorry for my bad English.

Thanks,
DanhHua