[Cbc] Detecting SOS via CglPreProcess

ycollet at freesurf.fr ycollet at freesurf.fr
Thu Oct 9 05:26:48 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to detect the SOS constraints via the CglPreprocess class.
Normally, a call to preProcessNonDefault(***,2,***) allows to detect
SOS constraints. But when I launch my test, numberSOS is always = 0.

My problem is:

c = [-1 -1 -3 -2 -2]; // the objective function coeffs
a = [1 1 0  0 0];     // the sos constraint coeff (I have just 1 constraint)
b = [1]';             // the bound of the constraint
lb    = [ 0, 0,   0,   0, 0]; // upper and lower bound
ub    = [1, 1, 1, 100, 1];
vartype = 'IIIII'; // all the variables are integers
constrtype = 'E'; // the constraint is an equality constraint.

I added some cuts via addCutsGenerator (Gomory, RedSplit, etc ...).

Is there something wrong with my use of CglPreProcess ?

YC