[Cbc] cbc.exe vs. Cbc API

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 6 11:07:10 EST 2008

Hi,

let me try to be faster than John ;-).

> is there a (preferably easy) way to pass to a OsiCbcSolverInterface or
> CbcModel object the same set of options that the standalone solver
> (cbc.exe) is using?

The cbc example driver3.cpp should show how this is done.
You create a CbcModel, then call
CbcMain0(model);
create an char* array args of parameters that you normally give to your
cbc executable, end then call
CbcMain1(number of args, args, model);

> I have a problem that cbc.exe solves in under a minute, but when I load
> the same MPS file to an OsiCbcSolverInterface object and use
> .branchAndBound(), it takes at least a day (I stopped after a day, so I
> do not know)...

I think I heard that OsiCbc is not a good way to run Cbc.

Best,
Stefan

--
Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics