[Cbc] integer constraints violated in Cbc (trunk branch) solution

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Aug 20 00:25:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have just downloaded the trunk branch of Cbc earlier today (19 Aug)
via svn, and I tested it with our ECLiPSe interface to Cbc/Clp solvers,
on an Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5. I ran our test suite through it,
and have one problem -- one of the MIP problem, which should be
infeasible, returned a solution. Checking the solution shows that some
of the integer variables were assigned non-integer values, up to about
0.3 away, so it is not a precision problem.

I cannot test the problem on another platform, as I don't have gcc 4
installed on those platforms, so I don't know if the problem occurs in
other platforms.

I have generated the logged C code for the problem and have reproduced
the problem. Please let me know (I guess probably John again?) and I can
send this. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Kish

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.