[Cbc] abort in cbcModel.cpp:2038 (version 915)

Tuomo Takkula tuomo.takkula at inform-ac.com
Fri Apr 18 07:08:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

In an application linked to cbc we have an instance running into an assertion at CbcModel.cpp:2083
(closest comment: // add cuts found to be infeasible (on bound)!).

Unfortunately the stand-alone version of cbc solves the instance just fine. Commenting out the
abort() instruction also works and valgrind shows no problem either.

So the question is: is it ok to ignore the assertion? What does it really mean? Is one of the cut
generators generating invalid cuts, or is the assertion some indication that we botched the call to cbc?

Cheers
Tuomo

--
__