[Cbc] preprocessing problem

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 18 06:21:21 EDT 2008

Tuomo,

I can reproduce the error using cbc-stable/2.0 but the bug appears to have
been fixed in trunk.

I am hopeful that a new stable version will be out in a few days which will
have the current trunk fixes.

John Forrest

  From:       Tuomo Takkula <tuomo.takkula at inform-ac.com>

  To:         cbc at list.coin-or.org

  Date:       04/17/2008 10:09 AM

  Subject:    [Cbc] preprocessing problem

Hi,

on a mps file vanilla cbc reports

   Cgl0000I Cut generators found to be infeasible!
   Pre-processing says infeasible or unbounded

If I switch off preprocessing (preprocess off in cbc shell), then the
problems solves just fine. Is there a bug in preprocessing rendering a
feasible problem into an infeasible? Is there a simple way to get more
output from preprocessing (log and slog do not help).

The preprocess options I tried are the following:

off             solves
on              infeasible
equal           infeasible
sos             infeasible
trysos          infeasible
equalall        infeasible
strategy        solves after some complaints:
                 Cgl0000I Cut generators found to be infeasible!
                 Cbc0006I The LP relaxation is infeasible or too expensive
aggregate       infeasible

The mps file is available from me on request - write to
tuomo.takkula at inform-ac.com.

Best regards
Tuomo Takkula

--