[Cbc] Re: [Coin-discuss] Mistaken infeasibility when using reduce-and-split cut generator

fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 5 12:30:10 EDT 2007

Esben:

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:

> On Monday 04 June 2007 19:33:46 fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu wrote:
>> Esben:
>>
>> Do you have an up-to-date copy of Cbc/trunk? For me, both
>>
>> cbc mistaken_infeasibility_447.mps -solve
>> cbc mistaken_infeasibility_447.mps -reduce root -solve
>>
>> give the correct answer.
>
> Certanily, in software anything is possible. I pulled both versions directly
> from svn right before posting, but human errors might have occured --- having
> 3 versions of the same library does occasionally confuse me. Unfortunately, I
> might not be able to test the code again before the day after tomorrow
>
> Does devel give you the right answer as well? How about with  -reduce on?

Both devel and trunk give the correct answer with either -reduce root,
-reduce on, or without them.

(Of course, you have to change the externals for compiling, replacing
Clp/trunk by Clp/branches/devel in Cbc/trunk/Externals and
Osi/branches/devel by Osi/trunk in Cbc/branches/devel/Externals).

Francois