[Cbc] Assertion in CbcModel.cpp:525

Kim Hansen kimhanse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:24:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

On 7/23/07, John J Forrest <jjforre at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> a) Looking at your previous stack printout I realized that the new error handling was not activated on that particular path.  Try again and see if it is better (ClpModel.cpp has been changed as well as some Cbc stuff).

I will test this later today.

> b) If you really do have an upper bound on a constraint that is that negative then it is not surprising you have numerical problems.

The problem was that some numbers in our problem had turned into NaN,
I don't know what cbc is supposed to do with those, but it was an
error in our program and I have changed our wrapper around cbc to
detect and fail if we try to use NaN.

The reason that the cbc binary didn't have any trouble was that the
mps file didn't contain the nan's.

> c) If you do a clean compile adding ADD_CXXFLAGS="-DCLP_FAST_CODE" that will switch off more error checking (including that assert).  Because the error checking is off the code will fail some unit tests which deliberately provoke errors and expect them to be trapped.

How much faster will the solver be with this define ?

--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv