[Cbc] Assertion in CbcModel.cpp:525

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 23 09:29:03 EDT 2007

Kim,

a) Looking at your previous stack printout I realized that the new error
handling was not activated on that particular path.  Try again and see if
it is better (ClpModel.cpp has been changed as well as some Cbc stuff).

b) If you really do have an upper bound on a constraint that is that
negative then it is not surprising you have numerical problems.

c) If you do a clean compile adding ADD_CXXFLAGS="-DCLP_FAST_CODE" that
will switch off more error checking (including that assert).  Because the
error checking is off the code will fail some unit tests which
deliberately provoke errors and expect them to be trapped.

John

"Kim Hansen" <kimhanse at gmail.com>
Sent by: cbc-bounces at list.coin-or.org
07/23/2007 07:01 AM

Cbc <cbc at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Cbc] Assertion in CbcModel.cpp:525

Hi all,

I get this assertion even though I compiled the cbc library with -DNDEBUG

CbcModel.cpp:525: void CbcModel::branchAndBound(int): Assertion
`upper[i]>-1.0e10' failed.

I looked at a stack trace, but that didn't give any useful information
as the assertion is from the first call into the cbc framework.

I can not reproduce this assertion when using the cbc binary, but I
get it all the time when trying to solve this problem in my own
program.

--
Kim Hansen
Vadgårdsvej 3, 2.tv