[Cbc] How to get rid of the assertion failure?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 14 04:48:49 EST 2007

Given that you are using a pre-compiled binary, the simplest thing to do
would be to change your model.  I can't say for sure but I would guess that
somehow 0.0 was divided by 0.0 giving NAN.

Giving all variables different objective coefficient values should avoid
all problems AND make it run faster as the dual algorithm will not have to
deal with a degenerate objective.  If you think some variables are more
important than others give them larger costs, otherwise just do some thing
like coefficient values random multiple of 0.01 and between 100.00 and
200.00.

Then tell Cbc to stop after first solution.

John Forrest