[BuildTools] Problem with static third party library in Windows with cl

kmartin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Sun Nov 19 02:11:51 EST 2006

Hi:

I would like to use the configure script to build a project that uses a
third party static library, Lindo. I have no problem in Linux or Mac OS
X (where I use dynamic Lindo libraries), but am having a problem with
MSYS and the Microsoft cl compiler. In the appropriate configure.ac file
I have

AC_COIN_HAS_USER_LIBRARY([Lindo],[LINDO],[lindo.h],[])

Then when executing ./configure I use

./configure  CPPFLAGS=-D_LINDO_DLL_
--with-lindo-lib="/home/kmartin/COIN-OS/ThirdParty/lindo/lib/lindo4_1.lib"
--with-lindo-incdir=/home/kmartin/COIN-OS/ThirdParty/lindo/include

This causes a bit of a problem with libtool in that doing the above
evidently adds the lindo4_1.lib to ADDLIBS. Then libtool thinks that
this is a dynamic library and complains about it. Things still seem to
work, but is there a way to keep libtools from thinking that this is a
dynamic library?

Thanks
--
Kipp Martin