[BuildTools] Problem with MSVC_COMPILE

kmartin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Sun Nov 19 02:03:26 EST 2006

Hi:

I would like to build ThirdParty/ASL with ./configure using MSYS and the
 Microsoft cl compiler.  I am having two problems.

1) When running the ./configure script the MSVC_COMPILE variable does
not get set to true. Hence, when I run make in the root directory after
running ./configure I get an error when it tries to build the AMPL
library. This is because the

if MSVC_COMPILE

code in Makefile.am does not get executed as it should.

2) When I manually run compile_MS_ASL it creates a static library
amplsolver.a which is inconsistent with the value of ASLLIB which is
amplsolv.lib.

I wonder if anyone has an fix for these? (Actually for 2) I just
manually rename the library, but 1) is a bigger problem.)

Thanks,

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research