[Bonmin] Install GAMSlinks

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 31 12:30:19 EST 2012

Hi,

> I need help to install GAMSlink (on cygwin) by using Bonmin Solver  to test many problems (MINLP, NLP) with a big  quantity of data.

NLP with Bonmin does not make much sense, it would just call Ipopt in
most settings.

> 1. I downloaded GAMSlinks (svn checkout https://projetcs.coin-or/svn/GAMSlinks/stable/0.4 /usr/local/GAMSlinks)
>
> 2. I ran the following commands
> ./get GAMSIO
> ./get blas
> ./get Lapack
> ./get Mumps
> svn propset svn:externals -F Externals .
> svn update
>
> 3. I added "ASL" to ThirdParty folder, and "ma19ad.f" "ma27ad.f" to HSL

ASL is not needed to build a Gams/Bonmin link.

> 4. From the GAMSlinks folder, i executed the command ./configure but i have many errors

"many errors" is very helpful.

GAMSlinks 0.4 does not compile on windows.
GAMSlinks/trunk may work, at least if you have a Intel Fortran and MS or
Intel C/C++ compiler.

I don't see why you have to compile GAMSlinks at all, since the GAMS
distribution already includes bonmin.

Stefan

PS: There is an extra mailing list for GAMSlinks.