[Bonmin] Using Bonmin with AMPL on unix server

Stefanie Tanenhaus sjtanen at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 16 01:42:26 EDT 2012

I have been trying unsuccessfully to run Bonmin with AMPL on my
university's unix server and was wondering if anyone had any insight. I
downloaded the pre-compiled binary package from coin-or and chose the most
recent linux 64-bit version-
Bonmin-1.0.2-linux-x86_64-icc10.1.tgz<http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/Bonmin/Bonmin-1.0.2-linux-x86_64-icc10.1.tgz>.
I have loaded the executable and the libraries onto the server, but there
seems to be a problem with the linking of the binary files and the
libraries. I downloaded libifport.so.5 from
http://www.gams.com/~svigerske/intel/x86_64/10.1, but receive the following
error when I try to call Bonmin from AMPL: bonmin: error while loading
shared libraries: libifport.so.5: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 exit code
127. I have also tried installing the 32-bit version of the Bonmin package
but when I do that it overwrites the 64-bit files, and I still get the same
ELFCLASS error. Have you encountered this problem before? Are there other
tips for running Bonmin with Ampl? I am also a bit confused about the ASL-
whether or not that is necessary with the pre-compiled packages.

Thank you very much,
Stefanie