[Bonmin] MINLP C++ application using Bonmin

Pierre Bonami pierre.bonami at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:41:06 EST 2007

Dear Roy,
Sorry I could not answer to your questions before.
The CppExample is just a small example of modeling an MINLP through the C++
interface to Bonmin but bonmin understands AMPL files an it is the simplest
way to use it. When you build and install the program with make install, you
will find an executable bonmin in the bin subdirectory which reads .nl
files.

If what you want to do is read an .nl file and solve it with Bonmin in a
custom C++ application it is also possible.

For your problem of integration. In theory Bonmin should be able to do
something with your problem if you provide functions for computing first and
second order derivatives for your integral. I think that the most simple way
is to import directly the function into ampl (see for example funclink
subdirectory in the ASL library and the readme file here
http://www.netlib.org/ampl/solvers/funclink/README).

I hope that this somewhat answer your question. If you want more details,
please tell me.

Best regards,
Pierre