[ADOL-C] fmax conflict with c++ gcc 4.4.6

Antoine De Blois antoine.deblois at aero.bombardier.com
Mon Apr 22 10:45:01 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

We recently upgraded our linux cluster from redhat rhel5 to rhel6, which comes with the upgrade gcc 4.4.6. The latter has an fmax function defined in the <cmath>, which results in a conflict with the ADOL-C implementation.

Has anyone came up with a simple fix for that? I tried to define a new namespace, as follows, without success:

namespace AD
{
template <typename ADdouble1, typename ADdouble2>
inline adouble fmax(ADdouble1 a, ADdouble2 b)
{
   return fmax(a,b);
}
}

But when I try to use it, the function get caught into the
locint StoreManagerLocintBlock::next_loc()

of tape_handling.cpp

and I do not understand why.

Thank you for your time and efforts,
Antoine