[ADOL-C] Generate and execute 32-bit code on a 64-bit platform?

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Wed Jun 6 04:01:32 EDT 2012

As on 2012-06-06 09:52, Verhoeven, Ronald did write:
> Dear all,
>

> I am using ADOL-C on a windows 7 (64-bit) platform in combination with
> vs2010. The target platform for the exe is set on ‘win32’. When I run
> the exe, I got the following ADOLC-C error:
>

> ‘Trace was created on a 32-bit platform, cannot be opened on 64-bit
> platform!’
>

> Does this mean that when I am working on a 64-bit platform, I have to
> set my target platform in vs2010 on ‘x64’ to solve this problem? In
> other words, do I have to generate 64-bit code on a 64-bit platform when
> ADOL-C is used?

Hello,

you are correct the target should be x64. The program that creates the
trace and the one that reads it should have the same target. I am not
sure how vs2010 interprets its targets. It is best to use the native
wordsize of the operating system.

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,