[ADOL-C] ADOL-C Digest, Vol 6, Issue 6

Antonello Lobianco antonello at lobianco.org
Wed Aug 29 03:37:13 EDT 2012

That's again related to different library versions.
In ColPack 1.0.4, using MinGw,  when you run "make" inside the extracted
tarball it produces both libColPack.a and libColPack.so. This second one
(shared library) is required for the linking with adol-c in mingw..
ColPack > 1.0.4 (that is, 1.0.8, as 1.0.5 to 1.0.6 will not work with
ADOL-C) uses the standard configure system, but this produce a makefile
that doesn't end to create the libColPack.so, even if explicitly told to do
so (--enable-shared).

2012/8/28 Pierre Martinon <martinon at cmap.polytechnique.fr>

> On 08/28/2012 06:00 PM, adol-c-request at list.coin-or.**org<adol-c-request at list.coin-or.org>wrote:
>
>> Any hint? Anyone has been able to compile ADOL-C with ColPack in Windows
>> using mingw ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>    Antonello
>>
> Hi,
> As part of the Bocop optimal control solver, we managed to build Adol-C
> with Colpack under Linux, Windows and MacOS.
> The package is available at http://bocop.org, in the /windows/ folder you
> can find a slightly edited configure and adouble.h
> as well as a step-by-step guide.
> Hope this helps,
> Pierre
> Ps. I can also mail the files directly in case someone is interested.
>
> --
> INRIA and CMAP, Ecole Polytechnique
> 91128 Palaiseau, France
> Web page: http://www.cmap.polytechnique.**fr/~martinon<http://www.cmap.polytechnique.fr/%7Emartinon>
> Email: martinon [at] cmap.polytechnique.fr
> Phone: +33 169 334 608

Antonello Lobianco
INRA, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestière
14 Rue Girardet - 54000 Nancy, France