[ADOL-C] Debug assertion failed -- Program aborts

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Mon Sep 12 08:42:00 EDT 2011

Hello,

could you send me your copied source file and your project/solution file for testing. I am currently away from the machine with my visual studio, so I'll be able to get back to you next week at the earliest.

Regards.
--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Sent via Mobile Phone.

john capeman <john.capeman at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to ADOL-C. I have recently downloaded and installed it on my PC.

I used MSVC++ 2010 and all the steps described in the documentation and Readme files to build the packages (both ADOL-C and ColPack).

Both the nosparse and sparse version of ADOLC have been build successfully (I think).

Then I tried to test some of the examples provided in the "additional_examples" directory. I am very interested

in calculating sparse Jacobians so I used tried the file "sparse_jacobian.cpp" in the directory "sparse".

I wanted to try independently, so I created a new project and I copy-pasted the code from sparse_jacobian.cpp

to the file: "my_sparse_jacobian.cpp" The project name is adolcFinalSparse.

I have successfully built the project. But when I run it the program aborts.

This is what message I get:

-=-=-=-=-

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...dio 2010\Projects\adolcFinalSparse\Debug\adolcFinalSparse.exe

File: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\dbgheap.c

Line: 1322

Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion .......

Abort -- Retry -- Ignore

-=-=-=-=-

The problem arises as soon as the memory for the matrix "rind" is freed for the first time (i.e., free(rind)).

I suspect that it may be something trivial (e.g., I do not set up something correctly).

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue will be very welcome.

Cheers,

John