[ADOL-C] Cygwin build of ADOL-C fails

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Thu Jun 9 08:11:19 EDT 2011

As on 2011-06-09 14:05, Mihai Pomarlan did write:
> Unfortunately the problem is still there.
>
> I downloaded the new files, built those as indicated (with the export command to set the flags before configure), but again the fminmax.cpp shows confusion in resolving the overloaded functions.
>
> About gcc- the version I have is 4.3.4 (this is what gcc --version returns).

Inside fminmax.cpp in main() could you put in the following statements
and comment out fmin and fmax calls, compile run and send output? It
would help me debug better:

#if defined(_GNU_SOURCE)
    printf("_GNU_SOURCE %d\n",_GNU_SOURCE);
#endif
#if defined(_ISOC99_SOURCE)
    printf("_ISOC99_SOURCE %d\n",_ISOC99_SOURCE);
#endif
#if defined(__USE_ISOC99)
    printf("__USE_ISOC99 %d\n",__USE_ISOC99);
#endif

> One more thing about the ADOL-C source files- I deleted all the older ones and then untared the new archive. It looks a bit strange to me that the old archive had 12MB whereas the new one has just 2MB, still, the build looks fine until fminmax.cpp.

This is alright. The older version had inadvertently included some large
binary files in the windows build folder (for Visual Studio) which have
now been removed. It does not affect the linux like build of cygwin.

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,
Universität Paderborn,