[ADOL-C] Cygwin build of ADOL-C fails

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Thu Jun 9 06:29:32 EDT 2011

Hello

As on 2011-06-09 11:44, Mihai Pomarlan did write:
> Hello again,
>
> and thanks, that seemed to do the trick!
>
> The ADOL-C library now builds fine, and so do two of the test programs.

I am happy to hear that. We've released a bugfix release 2.2.1 today. I
recommend that you use that one instead of the previous versions. Please
compile the same way as you did now.

> The fminmax one still has a problem though:
>
> Making all in test:
>   CXX   fminmax.o
> fminmax.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
> fminmax.cpp:7: error: call of overloaded 'fmax(const double&, const double&) is ambiguous
> ../../ADOL-C/adolc/adouble.h:73: note: candidates are: double fmax(const double&, const double&)
> /usr/include/math.h:260: note: double fmax(double, double)
> fminmax.cpp:8: error: call of overloaded 'fmin(const double&, const double&) is ambiguous
> ../../ADOL-C/adolc/adouble.h:72: note: candidates are: double fmin(const double&, const double&)
> /usr/include/math.h:261: note: double fmin(double, double)

This would go away if you

export CFLAGS='-std=c99' CXXFLAGS='-std=c++0x'

before ./configure although I fear that your gcc version is for some
reason too old. These flags do not need to be set if you are using
gcc-4.x. As far as I see on the Cygwin homepage gcc4 is available as a
package in cygwin, so it should not be a problem to use it.

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,
Universität Paderborn,