[ADOL-C] Installing ADOLC-2.2.0

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Wed Jun 1 07:43:06 EDT 2011

As on 2011-05-08 01:25, Brad Bell did write:
> The suggestion below worked, but I do not understand. I thought that the
> autotools were designed so that configure and make commands do not
> require the autotools to be installed (and do not care what version of
> the autotools I have installed).
>
> The multiple level taping  CppAD/ADOL-C tests that worked with version
> 2.1.2 of ADOL-C do not work with version 2.2.0. For example, see
>     http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/mul_level_adolc.cpp.xml
>
> I had to patch ADOL-C 2.1.2 to get it to compile with the tests (see
> attached shell script).

Hello Brad,

I finally got some respite from things to look at your test not working
and the patch you had to apply. I am attaching  a patch for configure.ac
(and assorted build files) in CppAD that should be able to detect ADOL-C
correctly once ADOL-C-2.2 is compiled and installed. No further patching
inside ADOL-C should be required.
With this patch I was able to compile CppAD and the test you mentioned,
however it aborts with a nan value somewhere. Now unfortunately I don't
understand CppAD enough to figure out what is happening there. Perhaps
using the ADOL-C tapedocs to generate a listing of the tape generated by
this program to see if it is consistent would be an idea?

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,
Universität Paderborn,