[ADOL-C] memory issue

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Fri Sep 10 04:55:24 EDT 2010

As on 2010-09-09 18:14, Rishi Amrit did write:
> I ran valgrind with the options you suggested. I am attaching the txt report generated. There seems to be pointed to some leaks. Let me know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rishi

Addendum to my last mail:

Of course the numbers you see increasing are due to adoubles that were
allocated by your program or octave and not freed after trace_off() was
called. adoubles are only needed between the trace_on() and trace_off()
calls. Afterwards they must all be deleted. If adoubles exist during
evaluation from tape like gradient or sparse_jac, they are written to
the tape again during each tape evaluation. I think this is the
phenomenon you observe.

--
Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,