[ADOL-C] memory issue

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Fri Sep 10 04:44:36 EDT 2010

As on 2010-09-09 18:14, Rishi Amrit did write:
> I ran valgrind with the options you suggested. I am attaching the txt
> report generated. There seems to be pointed to some leaks. Let me
> know what you think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rishi

Looking at the valgrind log you sent, I see only loss records for memory
that was allocated using octave, or other libraries that octave calls
(hdf5, readline). There is not a single loss record due to ADOL-C
allocations.

The only ADOL-C related messages in this log are the invalid free/delete
messages that are due to the external deletion of the argments rind,
cind, values to sparse_jac and sparse_hess. Since these three are
allocated within ADOL-C and ColPack, the are automatically deleted by
ADOL-C and ColPack too. But it seems your program has already deleted
them by that time.

--
Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,