[ADOL-C] Link in ADOL-C/src/

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Mon Oct 4 07:48:39 EDT 2010

Hi Robert,

As on 2010-10-04 13:28, Robert Kraus did write:
>   Hi,
>
> In the directory trunk/ADOL-C/src/ is a link where I have some problems
> with. It is called adolc and shows to current directory where adolc is
> located:
>
>      adolc -> .

This link is required during build as the headers are supposed to live
in $includedir/adolc/*.h and the source files include <adolc/*.h>

The Makefiles will try to create it if it is not present. Unfortunately
windows does not like symlinks. I have removed the link from the stable
version of ADOL-C some time ago, so that the next zip files for
distribution will not suffer from the problem that you mention below.

> Hence I can go into adolc as often I want and I always find the content
> of the src directory with the result that I get a really long path like
> for example:
>

> trunk/ADOL-C/src/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc/adolc
>

> What can I do to get rid of this loop creating link? Is there maybe some
> kind of workaround?

For the moment you can try to work with stable/2.1 from svn instead of
trunk. The code is the same. Hopefully $(LN_S) Makefile macro is defined
under cygwin. I am trying to think of a better solution to this problem.

--
Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,
Universität Paderborn,