[ADOL-C] Seg fault

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.uni-paderborn.de
Fri Aug 27 07:22:23 EDT 2010

Hello

As on 2010-08-16 18:13, Rishi Amrit did write:
> Hi,
>
>    I am using ADOL-C to compute the gradient of a function. Once the
> tape is read, I get the following tapestats:
> c0: 700
> c1: 1
> c2: 2728
> c3: 0
> c4: 65536
>
> Then I call the gradient driver to compute the gradient, and then when I
> read tapestats again, I get:
>
> c0: 700
> c1: 1
> c2: 2728
> c3: 4191
> c4: 65536
>
> I see that the size of value stack changed from 0 to 4191. After a
> couple more gradient calls, I get a segmentation fault in the gradient
> call. Any ideas on what might be happening ?

This looks like a strange memory leak. Could you try running your
program under Valgrind and look at the report it generates? Also if you
can send a stripped out version of your program just to create the tape
and repeatedly call gradient and read tapestats after each time, it may
help me debug.

Regards.
--
Kshitij Kulshreshtha