[Coin-rpx] Fw: TELEPHONE DETAILS ... plan for the "real problem exchange" ...

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 20 11:59:20 EST 2006

----- Forwarded by Robin Lougee-Heimer/Watson/IBM on 03/20/2006 11:43 AM
-----

"Kempf, Karl G" <karl.g.kempf at intel.com>
03/20/2006 10:58 AM

"Kempf, Karl G" <karl.g.kempf at intel.com>,
<david.heltne at lakesideassociates.com>, <hpc at acm.org>, Robin
Lougee-Heimer/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
cc

Subject
TELEPHONE DETAILS ... plan for the "real problem exchange" ...

Team : below the details for our phone con - below that the "notes" we
will be using during the meeting ...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006     9:00 AM MST

Please dial this number:  916-356-2663,
The voice will ask for your "Bridge Number", enter 8
The voice will then ask for your "Passcode", enter 801 7147 #

Talk to you tomorrow. - Karl

Team - below is what we committed to in OR/MS Today ......

lunch Monday - facilitated breakout
late Monday - birds of a feather
lunch Tuesday - facilitated breakout

topic 1: form and characteristics of problems
facilitators from practitioner community
example problem statements, models, data sets
distribute questions before session / post on the web
result 1: guidelines

topic 2: policies, procedures, systems
facilitators
(straw schemes ????)
distribute questions before session / post on web
result 2: guidelines

What is "done" ...

1) Terry Cryan has the two birds of a feather sessions scheduled and has
rooms etc.

2) I am getting ready to co-facilitate the birds of a feather on form and
characteristics of problems - intend to use one problem set from Willems
(this is a fixed set of 20 problems of varying sizes including data for
each) and a problem structure that I use in my university collaborations
(I consider this to be a problem generator - it comes with some standard
parameter sets but can be re-parameterized and expanded along many axes).

3) We have a mailing list dedicated to the RPX.

4) We have a webpage:   http://www.coin-or.org/RPX/  to use as we wish
(e.g., post samples before, after, during the conference).