[Ipopt] Restoration mode

Seth Watts seth.e.watts at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:19:48 EDT 2012

Hi Stefan -

Your suggestion of turning up IPOPT's output level was successful. I was
able to determine that I had a bug in the part of my code that pushed
derivatives computed in parallel (which were very close to the serial
derivatives) to the IPOPT variables. This bug caused the components of
IPOPT's grad_f variable to be significantly different than the same
variable in the serial version of my code (components differing by +/-
10%), which I assume is what triggered the recovery mode.

Using the increased output level (I used the maximum, 12) was a very
helpful debugging method that other users might find useful in diagnosing
similar problems.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

- Seth