[Ipopt] Matlab interface compiled binaries

Tony Kelman kelman at berkeley.edu
Fri Sep 14 19:17:55 EDT 2012

Hello Ipopt community,

I’ve been making some contributions to Ipopt in SVN trunk recently to streamline the Matlab mex interface build process on a variety of platforms (thanks to Stefan Vigerske for reviewing and committing the modifications). Along the way I managed to compile the mex interface in a way that statically links against GCC libraries like libgcc, libstdc++, and libgfortran. I believe this will mitigate the Matlab/compiler version headaches we’ve seen many times on this mailing list.

The mex binaries are uploaded at http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/Ipopt/?C=M;O=D, for Linux 64, Mac 64, Win 32, and Win 64 platforms. I included a text file describing the configure flags and modifications I made for static linking, and anyone who’s interested is welcome to contact me if you’d like more details. I’m hopeful these should work across many different Matlab versions, Linux distributions, etc. I’ve tested a few combinations that I have easy access to.

Regards,
Tony Kelman

P.S: Could someone add a short note about this to the Matlab Interface page on the wiki? I’m unable to register on Trac.