[Ipopt] Need Help Linking MUMPS with Ipopt Application

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 29 12:38:40 EST 2010

Hi,

this symbol should be defined in the libseq of Mumps.
In the file mpic.c, these functions are defined.

Maybe there is a name mangling problem. You should check if both
functions have the same name in the libseq and ipopt library.
(under unix the tool is nm, for visual studio I don't know)

Stefan

einglez at terra.com.br wrote:
>  Hi,
>  I have added to my Ipopt static library the mumps interface
> (IpTSymDependencyDetector.cpp and IpMumpsSolverInterface.cpp),
> including the hpp files.
>  It compiles and links normally, but when I link the new "lib" in my
>  Ipopt Optimization problem I got the folling error message.
>  libIpopt.lib(IpMumpsSolverInterface.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
> external symbol _MPI_Comm_rank referenced in function "public:
> __thiscall Ipopt::MumpsSolverInterface::MumpsSolverInterface(void)"
> (??0MumpsSolverInterface at Ipopt@@QAE at XZ)
>  The same error message appear for _MPI_Init and _MPI_Finalize.
>  In the same optimization project I included the mumps static
> libraries.
>  (libseq, portd, mumps and mumps_core).
>  Regards,
>  Eduardo

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan