[Ipopt] Need Help Linking MUMPS with Ipopt Application

einglez at terra.com.br einglez at terra.com.br
Mon Nov 29 12:03:52 EST 2010

 Hi,
 I have added to my Ipopt static library the mumps interface
(IpTSymDependencyDetector.cpp and IpMumpsSolverInterface.cpp),
including the hpp files.
 It compiles and links normally, but when I link the new "lib" in my
 Ipopt Optimization problem I got the folling error message.
 libIpopt.lib(IpMumpsSolverInterface.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _MPI_Comm_rank referenced in function "public:
__thiscall Ipopt::MumpsSolverInterface::MumpsSolverInterface(void)"
(??0MumpsSolverInterface at Ipopt@@QAE at XZ)
 The same error message appear for _MPI_Init and _MPI_Finalize.
 In the same optimization project I included the mumps static
libraries.
 (libseq, portd, mumps and mumps_core).
 Regards,
 Eduardo