[Ipopt] MinGW problems

Hans Pirnay hans.pirnay at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 23 18:25:25 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I am trying to compile Ipopt for Windows so I might finally be able to
use it for Matlab, but I ran into problems using Rodrigo's guide on
https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/CompilationHints

I set up a MinGW system, and successfully ran configure and make with
the same options Rodrigo used. However, any executables I create (all
examples, as well as running make test) compile fine, but fail at
runtime with the usual

"hs071_cpp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. --- Send
Error Report / Don't Send" - window.

I tried to compile a simple helloworld program just to check if any
code compiled on MinGW fails, but that worked fine.

Has anyone encountered and overcome this problem before? Any help is
appreciated!

thanks

Hans