[Dip] Issues related to Dippy source code

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Nov 8 18:14:52 EST 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Ted Ralphs <ted at lehigh.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Marcus Kaiser <marcus.kaiser at mytum.de>
> wrote:
>>

>> DippySolve.cpp, line 31: The definition of DecompInf leads to a compiler
>> error as it is also globally defined in DecompAlgo.cpp, line 43. It does not
>> seem to be used in DippySolve.cpp, though.
>
> Yes, I see what's happening. It was working fine on Windows in 0.92.0, but
> them my fix for OS X broke the Windows build in 0.92.1. Everything works
> fine on OS X and Linux because we are using shared libraries. The long-term
> fix just involves making DecompInf a parameter rather than a global
> variable, but I just haven't gotten around to implementing that yet. For
> now, I would suggest just sticking to 0.92.0 on Windows. There is a binary
> on Pypi as well if you want to avoid the pain of building the whole thing:
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=coinor.dippy&version=1.92.0

I made the changes to get rid of the global variable DecompInf, which
were quite extensive. They are committed in trunk and you can now
build DipPy in trunk on Windows. I will most likely make a new release
shortly, although I'm think about whether these changes are extensive
enough that I shouldn't push them out in 0.92. The variable DecompInf
was used extensively in the examples so this could break existing
applications.

Cheers,

Ted
--