[Dip] Problem with 0 integer variables

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Thu Sep 2 02:54:58 EDT 2010

Hi:

I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon with the
Dip/examples/SmallIP example in the current (revision 281) trunk version
of the project. If, with Linux with gcc version 4.4.1, I remove the lines

m_modelPart1.integerVars.push_back(0);
m_modelPart1.integerVars.push_back(1);
m_modelPart2.integerVars.push_back(0);
m_modelPart2.integerVars.push_back(1);

everything work fine and I get the LP relaxation value of 2.25. However,
if I do exactly the same thing with Mac OS X gcc version 4.2.1 I get the
error

COIN Exception [ modelCore->integerVars.size() > 0 ] at
../../../Dip/src/DecompBranch.cpp:L38 in

so for some reason on the Mac OS X Dip still thinks there are integer
variables and calls DecompBranch. However, DecomBranch does not get
called in Linux. I am totally at a loss as to why DecompBranch would get
called on the Mac but not  Linux when there are no integer variables.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I might look for?

Thanks

--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research