[Coin-ima] Fw: COIN-OR Workshop

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue Sep 4 16:34:11 EDT 2018

Yes, I also thought so, but he is not listed on the IMA Web site. I will
follow up with Ben on that one. You can tell Suvrajeet that we are
following up and an invitation should go out soon.

Ted

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 10:15 AM Giacomo Nannicini <nannicini at us.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> I thought we had approved Jiajun Xu? I definitely remember emails with Ben
> in which this was brought up. Any idea why he is not on the list?

> ----- Forwarded by Giacomo Nannicini/Watson/IBM on 09/04/2018 10:10 AM
> -----
>
> From: Suvrajeet Sen <suvrajes at usc.edu>
> To: Giacomo Nannicini <nannicini at us.ibm.com>
> Cc: Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu>
> Date: 09/04/2018 07:57 AM
> Subject: Re: COIN-OR Workshop
> ------------------------------
>

> Hi,
>
> I figured I would follow up on an e-mail about the possibility of Jiajun
> Xu attending the IMA workshop on COIN-OR.  Can you let me know whether he
> will be able to attend the workshop.  Thanks - Suvrajeet
>
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 8:58 AM, Suvrajeet Sen <*suvrajes at usc.edu*
> <suvrajes at usc.edu>> wrote:
>
>    Hi Giacomo,
>
>    I am writing to you about the COIN-OR Workshop.  I had intended to
>    attend that workshop, but my travel plans make that infeasible.  The reason
>    for my interest is the following.
>
>    You might recall that I had  mentioned a new data-oriented platform
>    during my presentation at the MIP 2018 workshop in Greenville earlier in
>    the summer (see
>    *https://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1822327&HistoricalAwards=false*
>    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nsf.gov_awardsearch_showAward-3FAWD-5FID-3D1822327-26HistoricalAwards-3Dfalse&d=DwMFAw&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=rnUB298ByR5BGgo6vv2b6g&m=z6thCLakbTGOMx5eJwdddbgcmynLub6MZNifOLGMhWQ&s=DhkxemBrePVsN6LkJBXuermbmAwS0Lh5hCEWtuwRhpM&e=>).
>    This project is a joint effort between Carl Kesselaman  (
>    *https://www.isi.edu/~carl/*
>    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.isi.edu_-7Ecarl_&d=DwMFAw&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=rnUB298ByR5BGgo6vv2b6g&m=z6thCLakbTGOMx5eJwdddbgcmynLub6MZNifOLGMhWQ&s=vndHNZsjTy1DYShApoQ9jBHrwhaKJzp7Vh9TmNh2BJ8&e=>)
>    of ISI (*https://www.isi.edu/*
>    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.isi.edu_&d=DwMFAw&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=rnUB298ByR5BGgo6vv2b6g&m=z6thCLakbTGOMx5eJwdddbgcmynLub6MZNifOLGMhWQ&s=Uefn9fWLfBiayYyuB6QlgKZP_JOFOVjBw1JzNAeUFHc&e=>)
>    and my lab (*https://sites.google.com/site/uscdatadrivendecisions/home*
>    <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.google.com_site_uscdatadrivendecisions_home&d=DwMFAw&c=Ngd-ta5yRYsqeUsEDgxhcqsYYY1Xs5ogLxWPA_2Wlc4&r=rnUB298ByR5BGgo6vv2b6g&m=z6thCLakbTGOMx5eJwdddbgcmynLub6MZNifOLGMhWQ&s=AmPxUT1N9eF51MU1BjpkCbW6AbN24N59MnHApt0kQ44&e=>).
>

>    The above project is about data and creating an environment/repository
>    for computational experiments.  In the context of COIN-OR, our project is
>    focusing on what used to be RPX in COIN-OR.  But despite all the advances
> [...]

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted