[BuildTools] OS build problems

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Jan 3 10:39:02 EST 2018

There haven't been any recent changes. The problem with DyLP (I believe)
dates back a long time and was fixed. It's possible that the problem was
with what was then a newer compiler version, which is only now hitting the
mainstream and that the the fix never made it to release. Where are these
problems being reported? I haven't seen anything through the normal
channels. For the problem with Cbc at least, I should have seen it if it
was reported properly.

Cheers,

Ted

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Horand Gassmann <Horand.Gassmann at dal.ca>
wrote:

> Have their been changes to the build syatem that I am not aware of? I have
> recently started to be swamped with questions regarding OS/release-2.10.1
> and OS/stabe-2.10, both of which were working at the time I committed them
> (admittedly 3 years ago). I have been working quite regularly on the trunk
> version since then, and trunk builds without problem. In the stable version
> I get a compile error in DyLP ("implicit declaration of function
> 'dywarn'"), even though the compiler command generated by the configuration
> step is identical to the trunk version. In addition a user reports "Make
> test fails for CBC with 78 unresolved external symbols when building using
> msvc at command line". (OK; this one is a windows build, which I have not
> maintained recently, and MSYS may have changed a lot over this time.)
> Still, any help would be appreciated.

> Horand I. Gassmann, Professor
>
> Kenneth C. Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie University
> 6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
> Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
> ph. (902) 494-1844
> fax (902) 494-1107