[BuildTools] Removing config_xxx.h (specifically, config_coinutils.h)

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 26 12:55:21 EDT 2011

Hi,

in general, I think one needs to find a mechanism to split up
config_xxx.h into a header file that includes a minimal set of defines
and gets installed and one that has all the remaining defines and is
only needed to build that project.
Into the installed file, the defines with the package version should go,
so other projects have access to the project version at compile time.
This is some request I saw several times and most software packages
provide such a define.

For CoinFinite, wouldn't it work if its functions are not implemented in
CoinFinite.hpp, but in CoinFinite.cpp? They could not be inlined so
easily anymore, but at least all the systemspecific stuff would be
hidden from the user.

Stefan